- Try to keep it to one page, front and back.
- Do whatever is most helpful for you in making it—this shouldn't be a burden.
- Drop/Add categories where you deem appropriate for the text you are working with.
- Feel free to use the G2 handouts as a template. If you think its really great, no need to change it much.
- Author Info (i.e., stuff from the Norton introduction)
- Historical background (if relevant, esp. older texts)
- Summary (plot, characters)
- Major themes
- Interpretation Highlights (canonical interpretations, your insights, a few threads from the Norton introduction, whatever you feel comfortable with)
- Connections with other works, if relevant